CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday is the Last Day, and Then it's

W.E.E.K.E.N.D it's WEEKEND!!!


W.E.E.K.E.N.D - ARLING & CAMMERON

Happy Friday, my loves! Today is no ordinary Friday. Today is the last day of my life in the corporate world. It lasted 3 months longer than I wanted it to, anyway! I'm feeling really good about this decis, and am hoping that some of the efforts I've released into this world will have their trade-off. And if not, I'm biding my time until the New Year where I have resolved (and I take my resolutions VERY seriously!) to have a job/existence that I am happy with!

NO MORE SETTLING!!! None of us, at any point in our lives, especially in this moment, during the pinnacle of our youth, be held back by things/people that are not worth wasting time and energy on. And let's be for serious for a second, Promas Jefferson's energy is precious. If you can't cut it, then it's not for you!

My apologies to my particular corporate workplace, even though a handful of you over there are sweet and helpful (slash one of you is Middle Sis! Love you!), it doesn't change the fact that on a basic level, in terms of the precise work that you do, I just can't get down! I refuse to be a cog in the system that oppresses brown people! Sorrz. You can keep your $2,000 handbags and search for customers during these economic hardtimes. As for me, I'm taking my months here as perspective-building and moving on, finally earning the discount but proud to have never used it! Holla!

Please join me in my celebrations by groovin' to the beats of MJ "Off the Wall" (- my anthem in these last few weeks of work! So happy!



So tonight
Gotta leave that 9 to 5
Upon the shelf
And just enjoy yourself
Let the madness in the music
Get to you
Life ain't so bad at all
If you're livin off the wall