CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Can't Hold a Candle to the JET

I was talking to one of my lovebugs the other day, D-Moneyyy, and we were conferencing about the unveiling of my blog and the maturation of MIKE VITAR (who, bt dubs hasn’t yet hit the BIG 3-0! After alla that!). And homegirl had these pearls of wisdom to share:

It’s not like he turned out that bad. I mean, he’s no RALPH MACCHIO. Now, that’s a lost cause.

HAHAHA

Firstly, can I just say how much I love how my friends are so on top of their shit! Loves it, D!!! Such a throwback, aimed to perfection!

Secondly, to give ya’ll a refresher course, Ralph Macchio was the star of the ORIGINAL KARATE KID (that is, pre-Hilary Swank). He was just so adorable in all the right ways, athletic AND working hard to achieve a goal, with Pat Morita, and most importantly, AGAINST ALL ODDS.

Damn. So good. So wholesomely good.

This is how Ralph turned out:

Dizzamn. Do we agree with D- Money?


also - there have been rumors that CHUCK NORRIS was supposed to be in this film as the evil John Kreese. wow. can you imagine the pop culture repercussions of such casting!?

2 comments:

Linde said...

oh man, Ralph is not looking so good. I think to resurrect his career he should take a page from Scott Baio (pre-Single and 40) and like guest star on 30 Rock as a possible love interest for Tina Fey like Scott was for Portia deRossi on Arrested Development...or play Benjamin Bratt's brother in things

Jillian said...

yes, Linde! YES!

also, I would like to note that my word verification right now is "spooge" talk about a flashback. I haven't heard that word since the back of the bus in he 7th grade.

yikes