CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Buh Bye Bug A Booz!

Music Videos by VideoCure

Late summer, early fall in NYC, spending time with so many fly hunnies, has me encountering lots of BUG A BOOS.

What is a bug a boo? one might ask. Isn’t that just a term that Beyonce made up for platinum purposes and The Writing on the Wall? The answer could be yes, but I have re-incorporated the term into my everyday vernacular, for both humor and accuracy.

A bug a boo is one who is trifling. Someone who just doesn’t know HOW TO ACT. Ze doesn’t know how to treat others or to maintain the boundaries of a normal human relationship. Ze is, essentially, a HOT MESS.

SEE: lyrics from “Bug A Boo,” by Beyonce Knowles, and 3 other people who were apparently in a girl group with her.

When I first met you, you were cool/ But it was game, you had me fooled / 'Cause 20 minutes after I gave you my number/ You already had my mailbox full

Sounds like some shit me and Carebear had to deal with in Ghanz… and in NYC, maybe the only reason it hasn’t come to fruition in that exact way is bc I’m hesitant to give out my number like that. Too bad Beyonce and Co.’s solutions are so dated:

You make me wanna throw/ My pager out the window/ Tell MCI to cut the phone poles/ Break my lease so I can move/ ‘Cause you a bug a boo/ A bug a boo/ I wanna put your number on the call block/ Have AOL make my email stop/ ‘Cause you’re a bug a boo/ You’re buggin me/ You’re buggin what?/ You’re buggin who?/ You’re buggin me!/ And don’t you see it ain’t cool

This song is full of near obsolete technologies!!! BEEPERS MCI AOL. How’s a modern girl to deal?

Solution: Think of bug a boo-ing as an evolving art. The true bug a boos, will always find new means for old tricks. SO BEWARE AND BE VIGILANT. Just because they’re persistent and buggin, does not mean they get to talk to you!!!

PS. check out this hot J.Lo/DC power mashup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj6QniWt_NM
love that woman.

1 comments:

Jillian said...

I gots mad bugaboos in my lyfe (jennings).